ED: UPDATED JAN 30 TO ADD DETAIL PART LISTINGS AT BOTTOM
ED2: UPDATED JAN 31 TO REMOVE SOLD ITEMS
ED3: UPDATED FEB 8 TO REMOVE SOLD ITEMS
So, in the absence of Train Shows (and frankly, I don’t have enough surplus stuff to justify a table at the moment if there were shows), These are all items I’ve bought over the years, I’m the original owner for them all. They were bought/built either before I had a layout, or for my old layout in my parents basement. I have resisted trying to sell things online, but, I would like to both free up some storage space, and find a home for these items that aren’t needed for me and which have lots of life left in them, so here goes nothing!
I am going to try this here. I am also listing these items on the Groups.io HOSwap list over the weekend, same prices and terms in both places. This is an early offer for anyone who reads the blog just in case before I post them on an open forum. Because the forum has some specific rules, they apply here too. Sales are first come first serve. Email me at sjgardiner [at] hotmail [dot] com if you are interested. I am in Toronto Canada, ordinarily, if you were local I would say we could meet in person, with Covid, that is tougher, but we can maybe work something out. For anyone in the US, I’d ordinarily have offered to drive to Buffalo if you were willing to wait a couple of weeks to save on shipping with USPS, but hey, we are where we are. I don’t really want to deal with overseas between shipping cost and current mail uncertainties, but if you really want something, we will see what we can do.
Payment from Canada is email transfer or PayPal. Payment from USA is PayPal only.
Shipping is with Canada Post ONLY. Rates based on estimates from measuring/weighing boxes are below:
- For items to addresses in Canada, it is $20 for non-locomotives, and $27 for locomotives, shipped by Expresspost.
- For items to addresses in the USA, it is $20USD for non-locomotives, and $25USD for Expedited Parcel (6-9 Days).
- The Detail Part/Lights should fit in an envelope. Based on that, it would be $15US/$15CDN for shipping and a padded envelope for them.
- If you want multiple items, I will combine shipping, it should be cheaper to send multiple items.
So with that, the listings, Prices provided in US and Canadian dollars for everything:
Life-Like Proto 1000 RDC (DC) Canadian National D-250 Item LL239715- $50US/$65CDN
Life-Like Proto 1000 RDC. Has had safety chains added across end doors, and CNR Style Triangular number board on one end as per prototype. DC. Runs well. All original packaging, instructions and manuals in box.
Detail Parts/Odds/Ends Batch(s)
Various Diesel and Passenger Detail Parts – $20US/$25CDN
This is an odds and ends dump. The following items are in the picture and included:
- Keystone Locomotive Works F Unit Cab Interior. Item HO3301
- Prototype Model Industries, VIA Rail Operation Lifesaver Decal Set
- Etched Grills for AMD103
- Cal-Scale 626 – Nathan K6LA Horn with Shields
- Incomplete Details West Part 271, Athearn AMD103 Detail Kit
- 2x Details West AF-308 Air Dryer Filter Box for GE/GM Locomotives
- Details West PL-378 Amtrak P40/42 Plow
- Details West BE-127 Frame Mount Bell
- Details West RA-274 Sinclair Antenna Long
- Tomar H-161 Heavyweight Tailsign (“CP”)
- American Limited Models 9150 – Athearn/MDC Diaphram Kit
Miscellaneous Trees (Woodland Scenics Armatures) – $20US/$25CDN
A variety of Woodland Scenics Trees salvaged from my old layout. Mostly deciduous, there are a few small pines mixed in.